Sunday, December 16, 2007

midnight and -40

underpressah




















the agendah

















..This is obviously just an observation related to my own experiences, and it may sound like hippy talk..
Buuut, I've noticed through the pictures I've taken of girls and guys in bands, the feeling I get from their individual performances are very different.
When I've seen women perform it often seems to be a very stable feeling. It's almost like a wall of concentrated energy or power that seems very grounded.
However alot of boys I've seen play over the years, their energy feels unbalanced.
It's like they chanel all the power or focus upwards to their arms or their voice. Sometimes it gets so concentrated at the top part of their body it seems like they will all of a sudden take off upwards.
These different energies make for interesting experiments with different styles of photos yet sometimes the style I would view as "wrong" is the only one that will comply with the type of movement on stage.
I will be exploring my replacement camera rules this week because I haven't been pleased with where my pictures are at so far without reading any instructions.
HopefullyI'll have more nature opportunities I can take advantage of.
This morning I saw diamond frost on all of the pines and trees in the assiniboine forest, hopefully this cold weather(without wind) keeps up.





No comments:

Blog Archive